We use a lot of lavender around this house. Its soothing aroma helps get me through some seriously chaotic days, and it helps my kiddos unwind after a hard day of toddler life and ferocious tantrums. Lavender is such a versatile oil; when I started using essential oils I was told when in doubt use lavender. Those words would be my advice to you. So, go throw some on it knows exactly what to do. Lavender comes in the Young Living Premium Starter Kit. You can get your wholesale account and purchase a kit here.
Want to learn more about lavender? Here are some fun facts:
- Young Living has three farms that grow lavender. They are located in Utah, Idaho, and France. Did you know you can tour Young Living’s facilities and even help with a harvest? I hope to do so one day!
- Lavender is part of the mint family.
- It takes 27 square feet of lavender plants to make one 15-ml bottle of lavender oil (that’s concentrated folks).
Some of my favorites uses for lavender include:
- Diffusing at bedtime
- Rubbing on feet and back at bedtime
- Applying neat (undiluted) to my face
- Making a linen spray
- Adding to laundry or dryer
- Adding to shampoo (human and dog)
- Adding to hot tea
- Placing a few drops in Epsom Salt and adding to a warm bath
- Adding to my DIY beauty products
- Making a salt scrub
- All about Lavender
- DIY Lavender Salt Scrub
This salt scrub is EASY you guys, you will need:
- Lavender Essential Oil
- Epsom Salt
- Coconut Oil
- Glass Jar with Lid
On a side note, we eat way too much jam in this house. The bonus is I save all those cute jelly jars. Start saving yours for future projects, too. If you are looking for fun jars now check out Amazon, most of them are available with free shipping through Prime.
This project makes a great gift (though you may want to get smaller jars). Here are some of my favorite gift tags.
If you gift DIY and homemade items a lot consider getting a paper punch and making your own tags.
Have a wonderful Labor Day!
Lavender Product Information Sheet – https://static.youngliving.com/en-US/PDFS/Lavender_PIP.pdf
Are you ready to begin your journey to health and wellness? I’d love to share that with you. Contact me today!