Last week you learned I have sweet tooth. This week you will learn I am a serious planner and attempting to control my environment is something I just can’t shake. Having kids has put my planner personality in its place, but there are a few things I can still do to feel all is right in my world. Having a shiny, fresh sink is one of those things. It just makes for a good day when I can wake up to clean sink (yes, incase you are wondering, I am serious 😉). So, if you are a control freak like me grasping at straws to feel normal, or if you just love DIY, try this recipe. I can assure you it will not disappoint.
DIY Lemon Garbage Disposal Fresheners ~
What You’ll Need:
* 3/4 cup baking soda
* 1/2 cup salt
* 1/2 teaspoon liquid dish soap
* 3 tbsp Lemon Juice
* 10 drops Lemon essential oil
* Sheet pan
* Parchment paper
* Small spoon or scoop
* Glass jar
🍋Add the baking soda and salt to a small mixing bowl and stir well, making sure it’s not lumpy(because really who wants to be lumpy 🙊)
🍋Add lemon juice, essential oil, and liquid dish soap (I used thieves dish soap)
🍋Stir until the mixture resembles sand
🍋Cover a sheet pan with parchment paper and use a small spoon or scoop to mold
🍋Allow to dry overnight.
🍋Place the dried garbage disposal fresheners in a glass container
🍋Use as often as needed and you will have the freshest sink on the block
The keys to success:
- mixing your ingredients well to a consistency of fine sand
- adding more lemon juice as needed (I have better luck when they are a little on the moist side)
- using a deep enough spoon to mold them (I use a measuring spoon, find a fun spoon to mold them)
- packing the ingredients tightly into your measuring spoon so they take shape and hold together well
- allowing them ample time to dry before placing in your jar (they need to dry overnight, seriously they do)
Looking for some DIY cuteness inspiration for this project? Here are a few of my favorite things:
Nakpunar 4 pcs 29 oz Tureen Glass Jars– I love paint my lids and glue knobs, buttons, and other crafty things to the top? Life is stressful friends, surround yourself with cute!
Give credit where credits due…you’ll the original recipe here:
If, like me, you need a planning your life to the minute intervention or if you would simply like to learn more about oils and wellness contact me today.
Have a great week friends!